Please read the following carefully. Your use of the slamdesign.co.uk web site ("slamdesign.co.uk") and purchase of the products (or services) ("Products") on it means that you agree to these terms and conditions ("Terms").
• Shopping with slamdesign.co.uk
Credit Card & Paypal
Slamdesign.co.uk Gift Vouchers
• Copyright and Trade Marks
• Privacy and Data Policy
Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
Unwanted Products - European Distance Selling Directive
Unwanted Goods - Custom-made and other Exempt Products
• Slam Design Ltd Responsibilities
• Contacting Us
Shopping with Slam Design Ltd
You can Order Products in the following ways:
• online via this website;
• by telephoning 01507 588 476 (UK)
When you place an Order for a Product in any of the ways described above ("Order") you are offering to buy it for the price stated, subject to these Terms.
When you place your Order online we will send you an email to confirm that we have received it. This email confirmation will be produced automatically so that you have confirmation of your Order details. The fact that you receive an automatic confirmation does not necessarily mean that we will be able to meet your Order. Once we have sent the confirmation email we will then check availability and contact you with a further email. If the Product is available and the details of the Order are correct, this email will be deemed an acceptance and will specify delivery details and confirm the price of the Products purchased. If the Product is not available we will also let you know by email.
Slam Design Ltd may cancel any sale and not supply Products if it is reasonable to do so and may change or discontinue the availability of Products at any time at its sole discretion. If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full. This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
All new Orders are deemed separate and each is treated individually.
Products marked "Slam Design Ltd UK First" are those where slamdesign.co.uk is (or was originally) the first UK-based Internet retailer to supply this product to the UK market.
The price for each Product is shown on slamdesign.co.uk and includes V.A.T at 20%.
We always try to make sure that the prices on slamdesign.co.uk are accurate but errors may occur. If we discover an error in pricing of the Products in your Order we will inform you as soon as possible using the contact details you supply us with. We will then give you the option of reconfirming your Order at the correct price or cancelling it. (If we are unable to reach you we will treat the Order as cancelled). If an Order is cancelled, any payment made for the Products will be refunded in full.
You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you submit your credit card details, based on the delivery address you specify. For more information about our delivery charges for dispatches to UK addresses click here.
Prices are quoted on slamdesign.co.uk in UK pounds - outside the UK your credit card company should exchange the amount charged to the currency of your country at the current rate but you may use the Slam Design Ltd "currency converter" to estimate the price in your currency. Please note that the "currency converter" is only a guide and may not accurately reflect current exchange rates. Please note that both charges and refunds are in UK pounds and Slam Design Ltd cannot be held responsible for any loss due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Non-EU customers are responsible for Import Duty/Tax in their respective countries. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these costs will be - please consult your local customs office for more information.
You must pay for your Order before it is delivered and you can do so by credit card, debit card or gift voucher.
Credit Card & Paypal
- Orders may be processed online, or by telephone, using a credit or debit card (currently VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Delta and Switch/Solo) or via Paypal. We aim to debit money from your account within one working day after receiving your Order.
- If your delivery address is outside the UK and you order online you must pay by credit card or Paypal.
- To ensure that shopping online is secure, when paying by credit/debit card your details will be encrypted to minimise the possibility of someone being able to read them as they are sent over the Internet.
- Your credit card company may also carry out additional security checks to confirm it is you making the Order. In the event your card is declined please contact your card issuer to authorise the transaction.
- All Order details and invoices will be sent to the credit card billing address and not the delivery address where the named recipient of the Order differs.
- slamdesign.co.uk Gift Vouchers / Promotional Codes
- Gift vouchers must be redeemed online at slamdesign.co.uk or by phone within 1 year of purchase and cannot be used for Orders already placed.
- If the value of the Order exceeds the value of the slamdesign.co.uk gift voucher, the balance must be paid by credit or debit card.
- Unused balances will be held within the recipients voucher for the same period.
- Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
- Voucher codes can only be used once per customer and cannot be used in conjunction with any other Slam Design Ltd promotion.
- Voucher codes can only be used on in stock items and not on pre-orders.
- If you have received a promotional gift voucher from slamdesign.co.uk, only one such Gift Voucher may be redeemed per purchase.
Specific Terms and Conditions apply to the sale and use of slamdesign.co.uk Gift Vouchers:
General Gift Voucher Terms
- Gift Vouchers may be redeemed at our website (www.slamdesign.co.uk) or by telephone on 01507 588 476.
- Any unused balance will be held in the recipient's Gift Voucher.
- If the value of your order (ie. product cost and any applicable P&P charges) exceeds the amount of the Gift Voucher, the balance may be paid by credit or debit card.
- Gift Vouchers and unused portions of Gift Voucher expire one year from the date of issue, where permissible under applicable law.
- Gift Vouchers cannot be applied to orders already placed with slamdesign.co.uk.
Usual slamdesign.co.uk Terms and Conditions of purchase and use of the slamdesign.co.uk Web site apply - please click here for more information.
Promotional Voucher Code Terms (in addition to above)
- Promotional Voucher Codes are issued from time to time in promotions at the discretion of slamdesign.co.uk
- Only one Promotional Voucher Code can be redeemed against any single order placed with slamdesign.co.uk.
- Promotional Voucher Codes are unique and cannot be re-used.
- Promotional Vouchers have a cash redemption value of 0.0001p and are not transferable or assignable.
- Promotional Voucher Codes may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
- Promotional Voucher Codes may not be sold. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes auctions and other online sales.
- Certain products are excluded from Promotional Voucher Code redemption. Such products are clearly marked on their respective product pages.
- The issuing of Promotional Gift Vouchers may be restricted (for example, one per email address). Please see the promotional page for details.
- Slam Design Ltd Promotional Gift Vouchers cannot be used to purchase regular Slam Design Ltd Gift Vouchers.
We try to keep slamdesign.co.uk as up to date as possible but cannot guarantee that particular Product will always be available. If we can't supply a Product you will not be charged for it and we will refund or re-credit your account with the amount debited by us.
All offers are available while stocks last. If we are unable to supply a Product you have Ordered, we will notify you as soon as we can after receiving your Order. If this happens, you may cancel your Order and we will refund you the money you have paid for it.
Slam Design Ltd delivers to destinations inside the UK only for the moment.
You will be notified of the delivery costs automatically before you confirm your payment. For more information about our delivery charges for despatches to UK addresses click here.
When we start it, delivery outside the EU may be subject to local import taxes, which are your responsibility where they apply. If so, the shipping company should advise you the charges due or else you should consult your local customs office. Unfortunately we cannot advise you what these charges will be and Slam Design Ltd is not responsible for them. If these local import/custom charges are refused or not paid by the customer, then the item could be returned to Slam Design Ltd or possibly destroyed if too expensive to return. Please note: If this happens, we may not be able to refund you for your order. We would not be able to refund any original postage costs paid and can only refund for the returned product/s minus any costs incurred in returning them to Slam Design Ltd.
Slam Design Ltd offers a range of delivery services depending on the address we are delivering to, and carrier weight/size restrictions. For Mainland UK addresses we offer Standard Delivery (3-5 day service), 1st Class Delivery (1-2 day service), Express Delivery (next day courier) and Saturday Delivery. Please see the Checkout page for details on these services for your postcode. Each Product has a link on the product page stating the estimated delivery time for that Product and you should refer to these for more details about usual delivery times.
Orders are despatched either by TNT or by Royal Mail (1st Class) depending on weight and content. Our couriers require a signature and operate between 8am and 6pm on weekdays, so please specify an address where someone will be able to sign for your order between these hours. We will make every effort to deliver within the time stated on slamdesign.co.uk but we will not be liable for any loss caused to you by late delivery.
If the Products are not delivered within the estimated delivery time which we quote, please contact us by telephone or email and we will try and ensure that you receive your order, as quickly as possible, or if you wish you may cancel your order and we will refund the money you have paid. Please note that while items sent by Royal Mail usually arrive within 1-2 days, Royal Mail stipulate that only items still not delivered after 15 working days can be officially classified as lost. Please Order from Slam Design Ltd with enough time to prevent any loss or disappointment resulting from the delivery time as Slam Design Ltd cannot be responsible for this.
This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
Copyright and Trade Marks
Slam Design Ltd does not give you any right or interest in any copyright or intellectual property rights in any Product nor the right to copy them.
The copyright in slamdesign.co.uk and the content of all the software, web site and pages relating to the slamdesign.co.uk web site is owned by, or licensed to Slam Design Ltd, unless otherwise specified and may not be used, copied or altered without our express consent.
Copyright extends to the design, look and feel of slamdesign.co.uk, all photographs on it and its marketing materials.
You may use slamdesign.co.uk for private and personal non-commercial use only - i.e. to view, copy and print portions of slamdesign.co.uk for the sole purpose of placing Orders. The materials on slamdesign.co.uk may not be used for any other purpose.
Slam Design Ltd, slamdesign.co.uk and our logos are trade names or trade marks of Slam Design Ltd and may not be used by anyone else without our express permission. We have applied for a registered trademark in the name "Slam Design Ltd" and we are also the owners of unregistered trade mark rights in them.
However, Slam Design Ltd does not make any warranty or representation in respect of any other trade mark and the trade marks of the brands featured on slamdesign.co.uk belong to their respective owners.
Privacy and Data Policy
We will not share you data with anyone.
We believe that you will be delighted with your product but there may be occasions where you feel it necessary to return an item. We aim to keep the process as simple as possible and these terms do not affect your statutory rights.
We will try to attend to all returns as soon as practically possible.
Please note that product returns are not able to be accepted in person at our office address.
Our policy is to ensure that you are satisfied every time you place an Order with slamdesign.co.uk. If you are unhappy with an item when you receive it or if you simply change your mind please return it to us within 30 days, with the despatch note, having taken reasonable care of it and in an unused state complete with packaging and all components, and we will refund you the price you paid for that product (excluding P&P).
- We will make the refund directly to the credit/charge card used to place the original order within 30 days or earlier once we have inspected the returned item and are satisfied that it has been returned to us in the condition it was in when delivered to you.
- You will only have to pay for the return postage of the Products.
- Certain products and services are excluded from this returns policy, including food/perishable items, personalised products or those made to order. These items cannot be returned for a refund unless faulty. Products excluded such as these are clearly marked on the product information page.
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We try to select and package the Products as well as possible to ensure they arrive in good condition. However, if a Product arrives damaged or with defects, or is not what you Ordered, we will replace it free of charge or provide a full refund as appropriate, if you return the Product to us at the postal address below within 30 days of receipt.
- In these circumstances we will also pay you the cost of the return postage. Please obtain a proof of posting certificate from your Post Office to enable us to process the refund for your return postage costs.
- For help with items later than 30 days after your initial purchase please email us for more information.
- This does not affect your Statutory Rights.
Returning Unwanted or Faulty Products
- Please contact us by telephone (on 01507 588 476) or email (at email@example.com) to inform us of your wish to return Products.
- We may allocate you with a Returns Code which should be included with the package to improve processing of your return.
- We may also advise you how to send the item back to us. Occasionally items may have to be picked up by a courier service.
Otherwise, please use a secure delivery method which requires a signature upon receipt (such as via Royal Mail First Class Recorded Delivery) and return to:
Slam Design Ltd
The Warehouse, Vine Cottage
- You will be responsible for the returned Products until they reach us.
Unwanted Products - European Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs)
By law, consumers in the European Union have the right to cancel a contract for the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after receipt of the order.
If you wish to cancel your order under the DSRs we ask you to please notify our Customer Service team quoting your name and order number:
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by telephone on 01507 588 476 or
- by post to our Head Office address
We will then arrange for you to be refunded accordingly.
Where you are cancelling your order within this cooling-off period we will refund the cost of the item and the cost of sending the item to you as follows
- where you are returning an item that was part of a larger order, we will refund any specific delivery charges that you incurred for that item over and above our Standard Delivery rate.
- where you are returning your entire order, we will refund the Standard Delivery charge incurred.
- where we collect an item from you, we reserve the right to recover the costs of collection from you.
- if you use our FREEPOST address, we will deduct the return postage from your overall refund.
We will not refund the cost of gift-wrapping, your costs in returning the item to us and other services provided to you in connection with your purchase (eg. Express Delivery) UNLESS you are returning the item to us because of an error on our part (or because it is defective) under our 30-day Money-back Policy above.
Unwanted Products - Custom-made and other Exempt Products
Due to the bespoke nature of Custom-made and other Exempt products we are unable to offer our usual 30 Day Money Back Policy on these items, and due to their nature they are not subject to the right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations. These products will be clearly identified as such on their respective product pages.
In addition, certain other products are also exempt from our 30-day Money Back Policy above; these products will be clearly marked on their respective product pages. In the case of these items, the returns period is limited to seven working days following the day of receipt as per the right to cancel under the DSRs above and you shall be responsible for the cost of return.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Slam Design Ltd Responsibilities
Slam Design Ltd has tried to make the descriptions (including all pictures) of the Products as accurate as possible but you should check the dimensions stated on slamdesign.co.uk or contact us for exact sizes.
Slam Design Ltd shall insure Ordered Products at their retail value whilst being delivered to you. Please check the delivered Products as soon as possible on receipt as we will not cover any subsequent loss or destruction.
Slam Design Ltd will provide its services with reasonable skill and care but does not give any guarantees, warranties or representations in respect of any other person's services.
Because of the nature of the Internet Slam Design Ltd provides and maintains slamdesign.co.uk on an "as is", "as available" basis and makes no promise that use of slamdesign.co.uk will be uninterrupted or entirely error free. We are not responsible to you if we are unable to provide our Internet services for any reason beyond our control.
Our website contains links to other websites which are not under the control of and are not maintained by us. These links are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for the content of those sites.
Except as provided above we can give no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You will be responsible for any breach of these terms by you and if you use slamdesign.co.uk in breach of these terms you will be liable to and will reimburse Slam Design Ltd for any loss or damage caused as a result.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall they exclude or limit Slam Design Ltd's liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
Slam Design Ltd will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen event beyond its reasonable control including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Please read the instructions, manuals and other user documentation that comes with your Products carefully. Slam Design Ltd is not involved in the manufacture of Products and will not advise on their use or operation or the manufacturer's guidelines. You are urged to use all Products safely and in accordance with the manufacturer's guidelines.
These terms do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer which are available to you.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Slam Design Ltd excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to Slam Design Ltd and Slam Design Ltd shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on slamdesign.co.uk;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating slamdesign.co.uk;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of slamdesign.co.uk or any Product purchased through slamdesign.co.uk;
- any loss or damage resulting from your use or the inability to use the slamdesign.co.uk web site or resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data in circumstances which are beyond our control;
- any loss of profit, wasted expenditure, corruption or destruction of data or any other loss which does not directly result from something we have done wrong;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user's computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading slamdesign.co.uk, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from Slam Design Ltd or its licensees and affiliates;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties ("External Sites") to which slamdesign.co.uk link and web sites located on or through any External Site nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to 'cookies', personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
Slam Design Ltd may change or withdraw any part of slamdesign.co.uk, or may refuse you access to the web site at any time if we consider it necessary.
Slam Design Ltd may also terminate this Agreement and immediately remove, cancel or suspend access to and use of slamdesign.co.uk upon breach of any part of these Terms whatsoever.
Termination shall be without prejudice to Slam Design Ltd's other rights.
Slam Design Ltd acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If Slam Design Ltd does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a continuing waiver.
In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at Slam Design Ltd's option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties' intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the full agreement between you and Slam Design Ltd and may only be amended in writing. They apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract proposed.
Since we are principally aiming slamdesign.co.uk at the UK and EU market, we cannot guarantee that it accords with local laws of any other countries (though we will try to make sure it does).
Under current UK legislation it is an offence to sell knives and certain bladed or pointed articles to persons under 18 years of age. When purchasing these products (or other age-restricted products, such as Alcohol) we will ask you to confirm that you are of the age legally required. Where payment is made by you using methods other than Visa/Mastercard or American Express there may be a delay to your order while we verify your age and you may be required to send us proof of age (such as a Driver's License number, or inclusion on the Electoral Roll).
Use of Dunk and these terms are subject to the laws of England and the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
If you would like help when ordering, information about a product, a request for a product or if you would just like to provide us with feedback on our service, please email us at email@example.com
You can also contact us:
- By post at Slam Design Ltd, Vine Cottage, Deep Lane, Hagworthignham, Spilsby, PE234LZ, Lincs, UK
- By telephoning 01507 588 476 between the hours of 8am and 6:00pm Monday to Friday.
Slam Design Ltd is a UK registered company No: 5935869 VAT: 857706587